Monday, January 23, 2012

43:03.2


My time in my SECOND 5K in as many months.

The Frigid 5K.

My only goal?  Beat 47:04.7 the time of my first 5K.

Done.

It rained.  The entire time.

I was drenched but oh so happy!

 
(Me on Left - Sue on Right)


By the end of the day, the rain turned into a very wet snow that dropped six inches by the end of the night and gave my husband an opportunity to experience nature outside while I experienced the nature of my 4 and 2 year old grandbabies inside.   I think we were both happy with our choices. 

I have been playing a lot of racquetball both casually with friends and competitively with my husband so I was certain that I would have a much easier time and would be able to run more but I was wrong.  My lung capacity is not anywhere close to what it should be.   I have to add some aerobic exercise to my anaerobic racquetball so I can be prepared for next months.  I don’t know which race yet, I just know I want to be at or under the 40 minute mark. 

Another fun fact, I went to my first CIRCUIT TRAINING with a personal trainer who I have decided to refer to as hot Zach when not in his immediate hearing zone.  Of course when it was all over I wanted to die.  I still wanted to die as I drove home.  And as soon as I got home.  And an hour later.  Well, you get the idea.  This is NOT for the faint of heart.  I am determined.  I will be going every Monday and Friday.  And hey, I only have to get up at 4:30. 

A.M.

Not kidding.   

Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment