Monday, November 14, 2011

206.4. Humbled and Grateful

I would be most ungrateful if I didn't acknowledge and express my gratitude for the support I received from the blogging community.  I know it was in a direct response to a post on the blog of Chris to check out my blog, who, by the way, is the one who unknowingly gave me the courage to begin, but for whatever reason, I am grateful you took the time to not only read, but comment and give me courage and strength to make it to another day.  Last night as I read all the comments, my heart was full that others could be so kind and gracious and generous in their support of a stranger.  Thank you, thank you.

Now to the weight gain!  Since Friday, I have gained 1.6 pounds.  ARGHHH!!!

I appreciated Deanna's comments about possible weight gain when you start a new regime and I guess that could be some of it, gaining muscle, losing fat, among other things.  But I really think, in my reality, it was an emotional weekend and my body sucked everything up and refused to let go.  Stress gain.  Why couldn't I have been blessed with the opposite.  Stress losing. 

The breakdown:

Friday:   The day was good. Calories good.  Exercise great - did both elliptical and walleyball (volleyball played in a racquetball court).  Emotionally good - went to the school play child #4 played violin in orchestra for.


Saturday:  UP in weight.  Very frustrated.  And to make it worse, the day was not going to allow me the time to exercise or watch what I ate very close.  Saturday was the day that child #3 and I traveled two hours to wish the daughter she gave up for adoption happy third birthday.  This beautiful girl was adopted by a dear friend of mine (clearly an open adoption) and she is thriving!  Child #3 is a very loving and giving sort, but at the time was not able to do for her what this loving couple has.  I am so grateful for the sacrifice of my child who loved her child enough to give her the life she would not be able to provide.  Anyway, clearly, you can see why this day was an emotional day.  Plus we left to go home after a snow storm, in the dark, through a dangerous canyon, and I felt a cold coming on which was full blown by the time I pulled in the driveway.

Sunday:  UP in weight.  Frustrated but I didn't care.  All I wanted was my bed.

Which leads me to today.  UP IN WEIGHT. Surprised?  Me neither.


So, I can be discouraged, which I was, or I can say, okay, you are still down after THREE weeks of this being accountable and trying to take charge of your health, albeit only .2 pounds, but you are down.  So, hang in there, read others blogs for encouragement, look out side of your self for opportunities to serve, and don't let this small setback get you down. Just writing helps to cement what I need to do.  So, my goals for today:
1500 calories and Racquetball (I'm still not feeling 100% but I want to get out there and try at least) and going to the cemetery and have a good visit with mom then off to dads to help him do whatever he needs to do.  Last Monday I bought a flower to remind me of her and it is still beautiful and alive.  I love that.  Altso, I love my new deep voice.  I wish it would always be this deep and sexy!

So, imagine me saying in my in my new deep sexy voice (at least for the next few days), 

Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment